The Ballarat West Employment Zone is the region's engine room for jobs and economic growth over the next 20 years.
Stage 1 underway
The 2014-15 State Budget provided funding of $30.2 million to deliver Stage 1 of the BWEZ project.
Stage 1 of BWEZ is being developed by the Victorian Government and the City of Ballarat. It includes:
- An initial release of up to 60.1 hectares of industrial land in flexible lot sizes to suit your business’s needs
- The construction of the main Boulevard entry road and internal roads within Stage 1
- The provision of all services including, gas, electricity, water, sewer, data and telecommunications
The Stage 1 subdivision works commenced in November 2015 and are targeted for completion mid 2016.
Ballarat based civil works contractor Pipecon has been appointed to construct the roads, services, landscaping and other infrastructure in this high quality estate.
The first land sale in Stage 1 was completed in October 2015 with Broadbent Grain, purchasing a site of 10.7 hectares for the construction of a $24 million export grain handling facility.
The Ballarat Link Road Stage 1 A is complete and will open in late 2015.
Freight Hub EOI – 24 hectare land release
Expressions of Interest now open – closing 11 February 2016
- Diverse range of customers right on your doorstep
- Large lots sized to suit your needs 10 ha+
- HPFV-ready roads and only 1 km to Western Freeway
- Fantastic access to rail, ports and airports
- Freight and logistics, warehousing or wholesale
- Manufacturing – eg. food and fibre, beverages, agricultural value-adding.
The BWEZ Freight Hub is an excellent location for freight and logistics enterprises.
Here you will capitalise on exceptional access to road, broad gauge rail and aviation infrastructure, at a strategic location within the freight network linking Melbourne, regional and rural Victoria, Adelaide and the Ports of Melbourne, Geelong and Portland.
The Freight Hub will have customers on its doorstep and connectivity with the wider region.
The Victorian Government in partnership with the City of Ballarat is offering for sale or lease up to 24 hectares of land in parcels sized to suit purchasers’ needs, for:
- Road, rail and intermodal transport operations, including truck parking, weighbridge and other public or shared facilities
- Freight handling, storage, deconsolidation and consolidation activities including containerisation of goods
- Manufacturing activities producing significant quantities of outbound or inbound freight that could benefit from access to the Freight Hub.
A smart investment in your future
BWEZ is located on the north-west fringe of Ballarat adjacent to the Ballarat Airport, existing rail infrastructure and the $38 million Ballarat Western Link Road, currently under construction.
BWEZ is the Ballarat region’s engine room for jobs and economic growth over the next 20 years.
To be delivered in stages, BWEZ will ultimately comprise a 438 hectare, high quality estate with a mix of industrial, wholesale, logistics, construction and other businesses.
BWEZ will be designed and constructed to enhance business productivity with a planned
freight hub, access for high productivity freight vehicles, secure top quality infrastructure and strong access to road, rail and ports.